As a parent, one of the most important things you can do for your child is to establish a strong and positive relationship with them. Here are a few tips to help you do just that:
1. Spend quality time together. Set aside a regular time each week to do activities that your child enjoys and that you both do together.Try martial arts!
2. Listen and communicate. Make sure you REALLY listen to what your kid has to say and encourage open, honest communication between the two of you.
3. Show affection. Physical affection, if they are ok with hugs and cuddles, or Verbal Affirmation, like encouragement or praise, can help your child feel loved and supported.
4. Be patient and understanding. Children can sometimes be very frustrating, but it’s important to stay calm and patient when dealing with their changes, lack of filter, and high energy… This might mean finding activities or outlets for them to shine so you can keep your cool the rest of the time!
5. Reward! This kind of praise lets your child know when they’ve done something well and encourages them to keep trying and growing. It doesn’t always have to be material (like treats or toys). It can mean verbal praise, We use Praise correct Praise in the children’s martial arts classes.A walk together, a special movie night at home, or more creative/playtime!Following these simple steps, you’ll have a bond that will last a lifetime!
If you are interested in Children martial arts or adults self defense,please check out our specials for the month!